Monday, 20 October 2014

Looking In Again


Hello, if you are still out there!

After a pause in writing here it's always hard to come out of hiding again. I think perhaps it's best to slip back in quietly, so here are some early morning photos from a little trip down to England back in early September when everything was still very green.

Around the time these pictures were taken I was spending my days painting lots of tiny green leaves in egg tempera, which probably explains the framing of those onion domes I came across while wandering in a wood. Since then, there has hardly been a spare second and I have very much been longing to pick up my paint brush again.

Over here it is getting dark before we leave work in the evenings, and in the streets, withered up brown and yellow leaves are scurrying and scraping about. We too are scurrying about, busy with various projects and plans. And in all this I am hoping to get back into the habit of writing here, because I have missed it this past while. 



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous images! And I've missed you too, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second photograph is stunning! Just gorgeous!

    I was happy to see a new post from you. I always look forward to them!

    Best wishes from South Carolina, USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those onion domes are a lovely thing to stumble across through the trees! Nice to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring over here, our days are a little longer but it is hot a little too soon and tinder dry. This time last week we had a bush fire come through the back of our property and just now I heard and saw the water bombing helicopter flying over us - I could do with some of that cool green in your first photo. Glad you are back posting*!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for your comments! Bimbimbie I'm afraid you must be really be full on into summer by now...

    I am sorry that I seems I reappeared only to disappear once again. I did miss being here, but when running around on too much stress and too little sleep, I had to admit defeat. Fingers crossed, but I think things should be better from here on out! Wishing you all lovely Decembery things, long cosy fire lit evenings or long days at the sea, as the case may be!

    ReplyDelete