Friday, 23 August 2013

My chair without me.



A pause and some tea.

At the window, a darkening and restless fog hovers and I measure it by the number of church steeples visible moment to moment. A little breeze trips inside carrying crow songs and the swishing sounds of traffic passing. This side of the window, a scent of dammar varnish hangs on the air and wisps of steam flick out of my teacup like a tongue. On the easel I have a sense of the satisfaction of carpentry. I am building part of a city, beam by beam.

6 comments:

  1. mmmm, i am intrigued by the idea of this city...maybe we will see a sketch?
    i feel, every time i come here, like you teach me something about listening.
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.... I am still just getting basic colours painted in (I started working on this paint soo long ago but things seem to keep coming up to sidetrack me!). Maybe I can find a part that isn't too sketchy and put up a little sneak peak soon.

      Delete
  2. *sigh That looks like the perfect spot. After the amazing summer we've had, I'm loving these whisperings of Autumn outside my window, too.
    Look forward to seeing this city, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, especially in summer with the windows open and the wind rushing through the leaves. These days almost all of the rowan berries are already reddened and eaten. It's finally turned colder this week, happy autumn I suppose!

      I'll try and post some painting pictures soonish.

      Delete