Friday, 19 April 2013

Amaryllis Calendar



   Some days I feel as though I have swallowed the sun. The gulls laugh and caper just beyond. Two magpies in a tree sit chattering in their wooden voices, surrounded by the fat buds of arrested spring. There is a funny sort of unattached optimism blowing about on these days of gales and hissing rain. Ravens and hooded crows rush by carrying sticks in their mouths.





It is cold by the window today. My copper plate, the fifth and last plate, is warming itself by the halogen lamp as I type this. The radiator hums, the washing machine clicks away in the other room, and outside men in fluorescent coats are cutting the grass beyond the stone walls for the first time this year and roaring about with their leaf-blowing machines as bare branches sway in the big winds high above them.





Only the gull calls cut through everything.

7 comments:

  1. The winds of change. :) I see blackbirds hopping around the ground, flying from the hedges. I've seen the crows carrying their twigs too, such a lot of activity! Have a lovely weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your shares are very individual. i love when you stop by and share with us.

    each day and season is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the veins in the flower petals of the last photo. For some reason I find this decay way more beautiful than the top perfection right now... who knows why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heisann!
    None of my copper plants have bloomed this april. May be they are too old and frail... May be I will let them rest.... they have comfort me for many years...
    Have nice days ;:OD)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely, lovely, lovely!! i am so happy to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am waiting for you to return.

    hope you are having great fun! and following your passions.

    ReplyDelete