Friday, 4 January 2013

A Happy New Year!



   Today was a bright, warm, spring-like day meant for throwing open all the windows and letting breezes rush through every room.  At the top of the street, where I pass most every day, there is a sun that smiles above all of us walking below.  On these winter days, he can seem like the only sun that's about, but today it was even possible to tell the time from the sundial that falls from his mouth.  With the end of the holiday season, and the return of normal life, I am very much enjoying the opportunity to get back to work.  There are so many things I want to make and do in this new year.






2012 was an odd sort of year for me, and sometimes there were quite large gaps between posts, but this year I am hoping to post more and get to know more of you better.  I want to thank everyone who has supported me and my little blogging efforts in this past year in one way or another -- through your comments, your emails, or by just stopping by and reading.  I do appreciate it very much and wish that 2013 brings you much joy and inspiration!




5 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased to have met you last year and look forward to reading about your adventures in art, travel and life in this brand New Year! May it be a creative and happy one for you, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you for sharing your art and tales with us, wishing you a happy lucky new year full of creativity and wonderful adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you an exciting healthy happy prosperous New Year.

    When you do stop in it is always a pleasure.

    Especially love the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great: the sun in your street smiles always, even if it is cloudy ...
    I wish you also very sunny happy and healthy 2013 !
    ....



    I enjoy your etchings, looking forward to see more this year:)

    ReplyDelete